Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Celebrating Jules




I ran my 4th Race for the Cure on Saturday. It's fun to get together with friends for a good cause. We are celebrating our friend Julie's 4th year (3 free from cancer). I had a great time running even though my actual time wasn't all that great... I'll have to keep training for next year. I'm so glad that Julie is happy and healthy.

3 comments:

jenn said...

Good for you, Alli! It's such a great cause. Never mind your time...at least you can run! =)

Nickie said...

That's so awesome, and it makes it all the more cool when you do a marathon for something like that. I've only done a couple for my mom, but it's just a great feeling. Now I guess I need to find a run for Leukemia too. Actually, I think of you a lot when I go running, you were a super good runner in HS and when we had to run for drill team I always thought, "how the heck does she do that without just falling over and dying?"
I'm starting to really get the hang of it.
Love you!

Jules said...

Thanks for running for me and all the other women in our lives that have to go through such hard things. You are a great friend and I know I can count on you to be on my team! You are awesome - Thanks for the thoughtful tribute!
Jules