I was so proud of W this soccer season. He played and he was good!!! He worked so hard and was running, and kicking... and I just couldn't be prouder of him because he found joy out of doing it, and he did it because he wanted to, not because I wanted him to.
This is my new found success as a mother. When I finally learned to GIVE UP my PRIDE and the pressure I feel from the society around me, I found that me and my kids were so much HAPPIER! This is a work in progress for me, because anyone who knows me knows that I am very puffed up with pride, but each day I try to let it go and I have found peace.
THE WORLD REALLY IS FAIR! Every once in a while karma comes back to us, what once was so hard for us becomes easier, and the universe gives us a break! W is finally turning a corner. Everyday is different, but hard work on the part of my emotional psyche is finally paying off. Hallellujia!!!!!!!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
A Fresh Start
Posted by
alli may
at
3:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I'm glad that this season was better :) Z just had his last soccer game for the year and it was so fun to watch and be a part of. I think about you all of the time and I WILL call you this week. Miss you tons!!
So glad he is doing well and you too! W is such a cutie. Miss you too. :)
SO cute. What a stud he is. And sorry to tell you, but you are NOT puffed up with pride, you silly girl. :)
Yeah right, you're a prideful person? If every prideful person was a prideful as you, we'd live in a world we could be proud of.
I agree with you about the karma stuff, do you watch Earl? I bet that's where you get that kind of deep philosophy, that's where I get it anyway.
Your babies are so beautiful, and I still love that family picture you posted, you guys are adorable.
Miss you!
Loves!
He looks like a pro!
You, pride? I don't see it!
PS, I'm being totally serious!
You are great and one of the most humble people I know actually.
Post a Comment