



So... while we were in France and Spain it came to my attention that my husband is a HUGE escargot fan...which was not a known fact before "said" vacation. I was teasing him about the snails by mentioning all the similarities between the garden snails at home and the lovely french and spanish snails (called escargot...like it's better when said in french:))that he was enjoying. I told him I would gather up some snails at home to cook up for him AS A JOKE. So one morning my friend Heidi Vee happened to mentioned the million annoying snails in her garden. I asked her to please bring me all her snails so I could cook them up as a joke to my wonderful husband. All of you who know me well know that I am very SERIOUS about my jokes... especially when it's a good one. You should've seen how excited my kids were to get the snails cooking. Suprisingly they smelled pretty good once they were sauteeing in the garlic butter. They should've been ready for enjoying just as B got home from work, but of course, I got side tracked by an unexpected guest and they totally burned... ruining the very funny, drawn out, snail joke. So B got home, the house smelled like burnt popcorn, and the joke was on me. How does it always end up that I'm the only one who thinks I'm funny???
At least me and Heidi Vee had a good laugh out of the experience! :) Thanks Heidi (and R and Skyler).
Sunday, July 5, 2009
The American Escargot Experience... or the bad thing about being married to me
Posted by
alli may
at
10:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
I love all your jokes and totally think you are funny. For the record.
Snails...GROSS. No matter how you pronounce it.
I would have loved it. And I still laughed even though it didn't turn out exactly as you expected.
I think you're hilarious.
that is hilarious!
Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! Great photos. I'm just sorry there weren't more snails out that day. We literally had hundreds. Notice the "had"... Mike put out some lovely pellets, and now we just have hundreds of empty shells. :)
Love it! You washed that pan a few extra times, right?
Aah! That's awesome-I wonder if he would've actually played along and eaten them if everything went according as planned...
Ew.
Your trip looked like it was wonderful though!
Loves!
You are so funny!
Poory snails! I'm surprised you don't have some snail activists commenting on how you murdered those poor little snails!
But eeeewww! It would make me vomit actually frying them up. Gross!
I love your pics of Europe! And WOW, it sure has been a while since I've seen ya'll. Your bangs look so cute!
Post a Comment