
W and M started swim school 2 weeks ago.I am so proud of M and the progress she has made this year- she is much more comfortable in the water than ever before.You'll notice that I didn't post a picture of W at Swim School. He just cried and screamed at the 1st class, I tried to keep my composer and be patient even though I felt the stares from the moms around me. I told him he could get back in the water when he felt comfortable... and after 20 minutes he continued the lesson. He would not go back in the water the next time- and has not been back since. It is so frustrating having a child that is so stubborn and unpredictable. I don't know what to do with him. Many times I just refuse to take him in public with the fear that we will have an embrassing tantrum there. UH!!!!!!
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Sluffing Swim School
Posted by
alli may
at
11:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Way to go Mabel! Poor Will . . . you are probably really smart to not force him. I'm sure he'll try it out when he is ready!
I think Brent was like Will and I was like Mabel. We totally took swim lessons at Geri's (sp) swim school. I think you graduated when you finally dove off the diving board and swam to the end. Not only did I graduate from swim lessons years before Brent, but I also got a better grade in our soccer class at SUU. (can't rub that in enough :)
Kind of reminds me of our experience with swim lessons last year with Mckay. He freaked, the instructor dunked him to get him to stop crying, (yeah, that worked) when the dunking was over Mckay proceeded to smack the instructer over the head yellin, YOU"RE MEAN, YOU"RE MEAN! I thought I was going to die. So embarrasing! This year he loves it. There's hope for Will! Mabel looks adorable as always. :)
I just LOVE your kids! Maybe you can figure out the tantrum thing before our baby gets to that age. :) hahaha
Post a Comment