Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Being Tagged

Thank you to my friend Angie- whom I love very much despite the fact that she just tagged me. I wish I would've known I was running in the game, so I could run faster and further away. Unfortunately, for those who have played games with me before- already know this, I am really good at losing... so here I am again... this time giving you 8 interesting things about me.

1. I'm really good at losing games, and have worked hard to become a good loser (since this is a weakness that runs in the family).

2. I still dance around my house, and am constantly choreographing dances in my head. ( I like to think that I'm still good).

3. I have more embrassing moments than anyone you will ever meet. When I go on girls trips, we spend much of the time laughing at my embrassing moments. (here's a reminder if you've heard any: big guns, court story, "MMMMiiiinnnnddddyyyy", there's a million more that I can't think of right now.)

4. I bite my fingernails. This is more disgusting than interesting, I realize, but is the worst habit I have, and haven't been able to break (and something I hate about myself).

5. I am not a good mom. This is totally unrelated to how much I love my kids. I know you all will flatter me by telling me it's not true, but you lie, I really know deep down I am not good-mom material. I do try to figure a way to be better all the time, but it all comes down to what God gave me- and not much of that helps in the kid department. I vow everyday not to do this to another child. I do know I'm an OK mom. Luckily, my kids don't know any different. Love My Kids!!!

6. I like sports, but I am terrible at sports. I loved that at my college Dance was considered a sport (the jazz dance team), then I was really good at my sport (even though I only realize how good I was looking back), but I wish I was better at sports. I HATE Church sports and know that I will be called to be over Church sports... and will cry, but accept because that is how I am.

7. Are we done yet!!! I like to do many different things like: sew, scrapbook, photography, decorate, cook, play piano, but I am not great at any of these things. The one thing I feel I'm great at, is taking something old, or mismatched, and changing it to make it great... well, great to me. I loved my flag table at the village. And I love to be original-and take a popular idea and change it to be different. I can't stand copying (like pottery barn- be different!).

8. I used to compose music. I think this is something most people do not know about me (except Carolyn and Jessica). I only have one song that's any good, but I used to compose all the time.

There you go. This was sort of depressing to realize how non-interesting I am. Thanks Ang! :)

6 comments:

Karon said...

Wow . . . I learned a lot about you that I didn't already know. Also, I think you are too humble!

sweet pickles said...

If you are "non interesting", lets not discuss me, okay?
I'm seriously so impressed that you have composed things. That is no easy task!

Angie Penrose said...

Wasn't that fun?! Mine took me forever to complete. Thanks for playing the game. Those were all things I didn't know about you. I'm so glad we're friends!

Unknown said...

You are so funny/whitty Ali! I love that about you!
And, yes I will comment about the mommy comment. Whatever! Although, sometimes I look at myself and think the same thing... usually in comparison to someone else, which you are actually a winner at... that was a long sentence!
I learned some new things about you. I'm glad you shared!

T.Bailey said...

You only lose games because Brent wins everything- and I hate it. You are a phenomenal mom- I'm always in awe. I've seen you dance and I am forever impressed. You are the most creative person I know- talent beyond words. I can't remember the other ones you have on there. All I know is you are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Dezaree said...

I love learning new things about you. We've never really gotten the chance to get to know one another since we have never lived in the same town. So, I really do enjoy reading things like this. You're an amazing person, and I am very glad to have met you and got to know you. Geoff is really lucky to have friends like he has and for as along as he has, and I am even more lucky that the wives are as cool as they are.