Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Beautiful Grandma


This is my beautiful grandma who died this morning. Last night she was Life Flighted 2hours to get to a hospital because she was having heart problems. When she arrived my mom said she was talking like normal. She spoke with my parents and other family for a few hours last night, while they ran some tests. She was not in any pain, but just acting as if everything was as usual. Around 5am they did an ultrasound on her heart and found a blood clot. She was still just as calm as ever, and not in any pain. She asked my dad for a blessing. My mom says that the minute they said "amen" she literally slipped away as peaceful as ever. Mom said it was "the most incredible thing she'd ever seen". What a perfect way to travel back home.

A month ago I met a woman who knew my Grandma and she said that Grandma is a legend, not just at home, but many places in the state, she is known for her drapes, and love and service to everyone. I will miss her warm smile, her sweet heart, and her softest shoulders to rest on.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad it was peaceful and calm for her. That is how I hope to go.

T.Bailey said...

I'm sorry Alli. I too am glad it was peaceful. You are a lot like her in the sense that you, too, are a legend- a great mother, wife, daughter and friend. Much love!

Angie Penrose said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma. Hope you're doing ok. Hugs!

Lindsay said...

Oh, Allison. . . I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I am glad it was peaceful - that's the way it should be. We love you!

joey said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

sweet pickles said...

Hope all is well with you and your family.

Dezaree said...

So sorry about your grandma. Hope you and the family are doing well. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you.